Emboldened by their newfound success in Alberta's fledgling petroleum industry, six prominent oil producers joined on March 3rd, 1950 to form what would become one of Canada's most illustrious private clubs: the Edmonton Petroleum Club.
Alberta's first Oil Boom during the 1950s enabled the EPC's growing membership to celebrate their achievements in lavish decadence. In 1958, the Edmonton Petroleum Club moved into its current location in the heart of Edmonton's Kingsway district.
Since its inception, the EPC has opened its doors to politicians, famous musicians, and sports teams.
The Edmonton Petroleum Club continues to evolve and grow. As the EPC enters it's 65th year, it has closed down their Kingsway Location.
The years ahead will bring a new, more suitable building and location for it's current membership needs and those of future members.